4000 Series sealers, additives & cleaners
4030 Balancing Clear – Water-based, urethane clear used as 1) flow & adhesion enhancer added ~ 10% per volume to Createx paints & 2) carrier for candy2o. May also be used as inter-coat, although UVLS Clears are best Createx inter-coat for taping over.
Mix Additive: Recommend for use with Auto Air Colors, candy 2o, Wicked Colors and Createx Illustration Colors hard-surface & automotive applications.
- Mix 10% per volume (9:1) or greater directly with paint. Mix well. For best performance, allow mix (including reducer if any) to acclimate for 10 minutes minimum prior to use.
- 4030 is not a reducer as paint viscosity is not truly lowered. Use 4012 and 4020 Reducers along with 4030.
- candy2o must be mixed with 4030 for color formation and coating integrity. Mix 10% or more.
- 48 hour pot-life after mixing with 4030 Intercoat. Keep colors capped airtight after use.
- When using a spray-gun and applying base color with an airbrush, 4030 improves flow upon contact with surface for a more level finish. Metallic orientation and dye dispersion in candy2o, is greatly improved as is the resistance to cratering when medium coats are applied. 4030 also promotes a more durable, scratch resistant finish after air drying.
Inter-coat: May be used as semi-gloss, protective clear used over base colors prior to graphics.
- 4030 dries to a flat, hard and level surface perfect for taping and masking onto with reduced chance of under-spray. 4030 dries to a much flatter surface compared with 4004 Transparent Base and is recommended as Intercoat clear to protect during taping.
- When 4030 is used as an intercoat over base candy2o colors, 4030 should not be applied a second time as additional application of 4030 can re-activate first application allowing candy dyes to bleed though subsequent colors. Instead, use 4004 Transparent Base as a non-reactive barrier between subsequent candy applications.